Wellbeing Award for Schools
Saint Thomas of Canterbury Primary School is working towards the achievement of the Well-being Award for Schools. We have been working very hard as a school to meet, promote and achieve some key objectives we have committed to promoting and securing:
- Ensuring emotional well-being and mental health are at the heart of our school’s aspirations
- All relevant policies connect with emotional well-being and mental health
- To create an awareness across the whole school community of the importance of emotional well-being, including its impact on academic performance
- Implement positive ways of talking about, and removing the stigma around, mental health.
- Positive well-being interventions to support the whole school community
- Provide clear external pathways for specialist services and signposts to online information
- Pupil voice mechanisms are in place and used at regular points- involving our school council.
- Work with other schools to share best practice and new learning around good mental health and well-being.
What can parents do to help?
As part of the award, we are currently looking for the views of parents/carers regarding emotional wellbeing. Please click on the link below to complete a short questionnaire to give us your thoughts.