We expect all pupils at St Thomas of Canterbury to attend school well- presented in the correct school uniform. PE kit is part of the school uniform. All uniform should be clearly labelled with the child's name.
For the academic year 2020/21, the children at St Thomas of Canterbury will be wearing our new uniform available at Crested Schoolwear in Walsall town centre (details below); all new uniform fashions the newly designed embroidered school logo. We decided to bring the uniform in during this academic year so purchasing new uniform for your growing child is cost effective.
All pupils are expected to wear the following:
- Black trousers / school tartan dress or pinafore (summer dresses are under review)
- White shirt with a collar (long or short sleeved)*
- School tie (new design is silver lined)
- School V neck jumper / cardigan (now fashioning new logo)
- Plain black school shoes with appropriate heel (not trainers)
- Plain grey / burgundy / black socks or tights
- Burgundy or school-coloured hair bobble
- Book bag (currently under review)
- Pupil planner
*Nursery Children only will be allowed to wear white polo shirts instead of white shirts and the school tie.
All pupils are expected to have the following:
- Burgundy School Polo Shirt (now fashioning new logo)
- Black Shorts / Plain black leggings / Black Sports Skorts
- Black Pumps for indoor PE (trainers may be worn for outdoor PE and games and/or appropriate boots for games played on grass)
- PE Bag
- Optional - New school black embroidered hoodie (available from Crested Schoolwear)
- Swimming Kit (as required - currently Year 4)
- Swimming trunks / costume (no bikinis)
- Swimming hat
- Optional - A small towel for when games are played outdoors in light rain
So that your child always has access to their PE kit, we would encourage your child to leave their PE bag in school unless they are taking it home to be washed. If you have any questions regarding extra PE items (e.g. shin pads, leotards, etc.) for clubs, please see the Clubs FAQs.
Optional black school coats are also available at Crested Schoolwear. These coats are of exceptional quality. They are waterproof, fleece-lined and come with a roll-out hood hidden in the collar - these are highly recommended at only £23.99.
Crested Schoolwear, can be found online or on the high street, with our closest location being Walsall town centre.
7 Victorian Arcade
Tel: 01922 276 266
Items in School
The school office holds a few items, which can be purchased directly from the school office:
No extreme haircuts, including shaved patterns and dyed hair are allowed in school.
Children's uniform should be clean and tidy.
Jewellery should not be worn or brought to school, with the exception of wristwatches.
Only small plain studs (no hoops or gems) are allowed in ears and these must be removed for PE and swimming.**
**Any ear studs or wristwatches worn by pupils are the sole responsibility of the pupil.
Pupils are responsible for their own uniform.
Parents should write a message in their child's planner if they are unable to wear the correct uniform for any reason.